Guidelines for applications
A reorganisation application must include the following:
- the name and address of the person making the application or contact details for the group making the application,
- a description of the proposed changes, including:
- the type of structural changes being sought,
- a plan or description of the affected area,
- a full and detailed explanation of what the changes are designed to achieve,
- a description of the potential improvements,
- an explanation of how the changes would promote good local government,
- information that shows there is community support for some sort of change.
- any information requested by the Commission or other relevant information,
- it may be accompanied by a petition or survey or questionnaire or other material to demonstrate community support for some sort of change. If there is a petition, each person who signed the petition must state their name and address in enough detail to enable them to be identified as an elector.